History and Vision
Advantage Forensics® Inc. was established in 2012 with a mission to raise the bar of expert service and value currently available to the insurance and legal industries in Ontario. With changes to the Rules of Civil Procedures, clients have a greater need than ever for quick file turnaround times from their experts to meet pre-trial deadlines.
Since its inception, Advantage Forensics® has provided its insurance and legal clients the best file turnaround times in its class in Canada and the U.S., with uncompromising quality at fair rates. This philosophy has earned our firm its iron-clad reputation for providing unparalleled value in forensic engineering. With our hard work and ethical approach, our staff have earned their top-notch customer satisfaction rating among clients. Our numbers speak for themselves:
- From 2012 to 2015, our average file turnaround time was 4.7 weeks with 99% of files completed on or under budget
- From 2016 to 2019, our average file turnaround time was 5.1 weeks with 100% of files completed on or under budget
- Our total file fees were less than 1% of the file claim exposure on 99% of files completed to date
- Over 85% of our clients’ files “settled well” or resulted in the opposing party dropping their claim after our experts’ reports were issued
- Our clients’ success rate is over 75% on those files that continued to trial or arbitration
These remarkable accomplishments speak volumes to the level of service that our clients can count on when turning to our firm for forensic expertise. Our multi-disciplinary team of experts includes:
- Collision Reconstruction
- Computer simulation & data recorder (black box) downloads
- Pedestrian, bicycle, motorcycle, Segway, skateboard & commercial vehicle collisions
- Nighttime lighting assessment & re-enactments
- Road design & winter maintenance assessment
- Weather & Meteorology assessments
- Slips, Trips & Falls
- Friction testing & staircase assessment
- Trip hazard assessment
- Waterpark & playground accidents
- Zipline & challenge course assessments
- Biomechanical injury assessment & fraud investigation
- Seatbelt & helmet assessment
- Sports & fitness equipment accidents
- Human Factors
- Perception-reaction time & expectation
- Nighttime visibility
- Signs & warnings
- Driver behaviour
- Distracted and impaired driving
- Product & Material Failure
- Material failure analysis
- Hazard assessment
- Product use instructions & warnings
- Factor of safety assessment
- Fire Investigation
- Origin & Cause
- Property fire & arson investigations
- Vehicle fires
- Product fires
- Forest fires
- Workplace & Industrial Accidents
- Code compliance
- Fall prevention
We primarily serve Ontario clients but also accept retainers from Western Canada, Quebec, the Maritimes, and select cases from the U.S. We will continue to uphold, without exception, the highest standards of ethical practice that are expected of professional engineers. We accept files from adjusters, lawyers, risk managers, municipalities, the Police, and the Provincial and Federal Government on a case-by-case basis without bias. As experts, our ultimate duty is to serve the court in assessing the scientific issues at hand.
Advantage Forensics® knows that a firm’s employees are its greatest assets. Our workplace is a respectful, equal opportunity environment where all staff are rewarded for the success of the firm. All of our experts are encouraged to dedicate time each week for professional development, personal growth, or community involvement. Our workplace is a continuous learning and teaching environment.
Our firm supports Ontario insurance industry events and injury treatment research. We are also committed to advancing forensic engineering research and road safety in Canada. Advantage Forensics is a NSERC (Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada) approved forensic research firm. Our experts publish leading-edge forensic engineering research, guest lecture for University engineering courses, and review scientific papers for publication.
Our firm strongly believes that corporations have a responsibility to take a leadership role in protecting the environment. As such, Advantage Forensics was the first forensic engineering firm in Ontario to publicly offer, as a matter of policy, a paperless option for clients, paperless billing for all clients, and financial incentives to employees to drive hybrid/electric vehicles.
Advantage Forensics® is currently looking for Senior collision reconstruction experts to join our team. All applicants must have exceptional written and oral communication skills to be considered.
Senior collision reconstructionist:
- Bachelor, Masters, or Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering or Biomedical Engineering required
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills required
- 2-10 years experience in Collision Reconstruction required
- P.Eng. required
- Court experience preferred
If you meet the above criteria and are interested in an exciting career at one of the top forensics firms in Ontario, email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications are treated with strict confidence. Only qualified candidates under consideration will be contacted. No headhunters please.